Have you played a non-WoW Warcraft game?

General discussion board. Open to everyone.

Poll: Have you played a non-WoW Warcraft game?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 29

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Have you played a non-WoW Warcraft game?

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 28 Jul 2005 10:14 am

Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness (and its expansion, Beyond the Dark Portal), Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (and its expansion, The Frozen Throne) or the Warcraft III demo (which is all about the jungle trolls joining the Horde). Have you played any of them?

Dalamyrt
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Dalamyrt » 28 Jul 2005 10:50 am

Warcraft I, II and III - no expansions though. I recently looked up some of the old screenshots and intros to the games - it's funny to see the old graphics and maps from the first couple.

I still get warm fuzzies, though, when I hear "STOP POKING ME!!!".... I could click on those guys for hours....

Beli Flinthammer
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Beli Flinthammer » 28 Jul 2005 11:38 am

Tried to play in god-mode just to get the stories, but that didn't work out. And wasn't interested with the game set-up to play it normally.
Goblin + Engineering = KNOW HOW, BABY!

Carther
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Carther » 28 Jul 2005 12:21 pm

I've played Warcraft III and it's expansion a couple of times through. Whenever the servers are down or I get bored I just go play my favorite levels for a while. :D

Vamen
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Post by Vamen » 28 Jul 2005 12:40 pm

I did the same Beli. Played through on god mode PLUS one hit kill mode. I have NO desire to play the game as you normally would. But the story is fun, especially the expansion.

Cukie CookieFreak
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Cukie CookieFreak » 28 Jul 2005 12:41 pm

i played and own all but the Warcraft III expansion, Frozen Throne.

Widge
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Widge » 28 Jul 2005 12:45 pm

If it says "Blizzard Entertainment" on the box, you can be sure that I own it and have played it to death. I remember my friends and I having Warcraft tournaments back in the day when the only way to do so was a direct modem connection. These young'uns with their TCP/IP and their battle.net don't know how good they've got it! *shakes cane*

What was I saying? Oh yeah, played them all.

Lehla
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Lehla » 28 Jul 2005 01:58 pm

Warcraft: Orcs and Humans was the first PC game I ever owned. My friends and I would set up LAN matches on the school netowork. It was great because the same disc worked for both PCs and Macs. I also played WC2, including the expansions and B.net edition. I played WCIII through the single player campaign once, but never got to try the expansion, since I lost my discs.

Graffe
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Graffe » 29 Jul 2005 06:53 am

Played all of them to the finish except for WCIII & Frozen Throne. For some reason that game rocked my world about 12 scenarios in. There was no way to tweak the difficulty at the time of release either (for as much as I can remember) so I just stopped playing the story/campaign mode. The same thing happened to Keiote. Oh.. and campaigns with a timer are the offspring of Satan's hemorrhoids.

Vashanti
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Vashanti » 29 Jul 2005 03:34 pm

I've actually only played the first one (Orcs & Humans), that being because I absolutely suck at Strategy games.

:(
←««ªº»»→

Vagary
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Vagary » 01 Aug 2005 09:12 am

I'm with Widge on this one.

The first piece of software I bought for my powermac 7100 was Warcraft: Orcs & Humans. Haven't looked back since.

I still play Warcraft 3 frequently. USWest server, battlenet name driph. Some ladder, but mostly DotA-Allstars, the latest in the Defense of the Ancients series of custom maps. Think Battlegrounds with Warcraft 3 style heroes. A lot of fun, especially if you've got a regular group of friends playing.

Let me know if you play, I'll add you to my friends list.
Vagary (sleeping)

Tesseus
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Tesseus » 02 Aug 2005 01:53 am

I've played all the warcrafts except for WC3 expansion, only played a few chapters of that. Still need to finish lol.

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 02 Aug 2005 05:59 am

Graffe wrote:Played all of them to the finish except for WCIII & Frozen Throne. For some reason that game rocked my world about 12 scenarios in. There was no way to tweak the difficulty at the time of release either (for as much as I can remember) so I just stopped playing the story/campaign mode.
When you lose a level, it offers to let you drop the difficulty when you replay it.

Adinna
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Adinna » 02 Aug 2005 11:57 pm

Ahhh yes, when I was in high school a friend hooked me up with Orcs vs. Humans. I always played the orcs 'cause I thought they were adorable!! I loved sending the peons to do stuff and hearing them say "zug-zug" and "you're the boss." I loved my little orc friends! Things are different now though! You're going down orcs!! Hehe.