WotLK Respecs?

General discussion board. Open to everyone.
Dreadstar
Private
Private
WotLK Respecs?

Post by Dreadstar » 10 Sep 2008 12:53 pm

So, by now you've all had a chance to play with the (ever-changing) talent calculators. Have they made any of you change your mind about your deepest talent?

Back before TBC, I was a Hunter specced survival. I found the crit to be better, and when I was solo-grinding, the Wyvern sting gave me an edge. When TBC came out, I went back to Marksmanship. Stuck with it, too, even considering that it seems that the "perfect" Hunter is that Beastmaster 2-second spec or somesuch. Enh. I never cared about getting a perfect shot rotation in, anyway. I just shoots at the screaming, y'know?

But now I'm looking at the talents in Survival again and that Hunting Party looks pretty nice to have for a group. What with a Shadow Priest and a Shaman Totem it looks like full mana all the time. So I'm thinking I'm respeccing to Survival when WotLK hits.

Anything got you thinking you'll just HAVE to try that "other" tree this time? Thinking of tossing Destruction because it just looks like it'd be fun to actully *BE* a demon? Ringo thinking of trying to tame King Mosh? Enhancement Shammys looking at the sweet Thunderclap knock-back and thinking "Hmmmmmm....."?

Or are you all just going to play Deathknights?

....and don't get me started on the dilemma the professions have put me in.
I have a *what* on my back?

kronosx
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: WotLK Respecs?

Post by kronosx » 10 Sep 2008 02:50 pm

I'm pretty excited about Fury with Titan's grip so I'm sure I'll have to give that a try. And protection sounds like it might be a bit more fun now with the ability to hold groups, and do some decent damage. I haven't thought much on the mage front yet.

To speak to the mana regen abilities that hunters are getting, as I understand it that ability won't stack with shadow priests mana regen talents. Perhaps someone in the beta can let us know what they've seen.
Aliarle,Elarac,Riccus,Arkenon,Karsam,Grub

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 10 Sep 2008 03:41 pm

Yeah, the mana regen of all three classes will overlap, not stack. So you won't need a shadow priest on raids, you'll just need someone with a mana replenishment ability.

That said, Survival does look nice, but I'm sticking with Marksmanship. I really like what they've done with Chimera Shot. I may even spend some points on improved stings, just to make it even better.

Dreadstar
Private
Private

Post by Dreadstar » 11 Sep 2008 07:38 am

Overlap, not stack...

Not sure I understand. The Hunting party mana comes from getting a crit. The Shadow Priest mana comes from shadow damage. The Mana totem mana just is.

Why would any one of those things interfere with the amount caused by the other. *HOW* would they set it up to interfere?

Nonetheless, whichever way it goes, I'm going to be getting a wasp.

No, Ringo, not W.A.S.P. I think I got that covered twice over.

The stingee thingee with the armor reduction.

And I still have to wait and see what bait they're going to dangle in front of me as a Master Axesmith. Because there ain't no mail recipes showing up so far in Blacksmithing. At all. If the Axes don't look awesome, I'm going to have to go Leatherworking looks like.
I have a *what* on my back?

Sanlear
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Sanlear » 11 Sep 2008 09:35 am

I'll be sticking with being feral specced.

kronosx
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by kronosx » 11 Sep 2008 10:18 am

Dreadstar wrote:Overlap, not stack...

Not sure I understand. The Hunting party mana comes from getting a crit. The Shadow Priest mana comes from shadow damage. The Mana totem mana just is.

Why would any one of those things interfere with the amount caused by the other. *HOW* would they set it up to interfere?

Nonetheless, whichever way it goes, I'm going to be getting a wasp.

No, Ringo, not W.A.S.P. I think I got that covered twice over.

The stingee thingee with the armor reduction.

And I still have to wait and see what bait they're going to dangle in front of me as a Master Axesmith. Because there ain't no mail recipes showing up so far in Blacksmithing. At all. If the Axes don't look awesome, I'm going to have to go Leatherworking looks like.
As I understand it you'll only be able to have one mana restoring buff on you at any one time. So if the hunter regen is up you won't be getting the totem or SP's regen. Etc. etc.

Elarac is Master Swordsmith. I'm waiting to see what goodness comes of that. :D
Aliarle,Elarac,Riccus,Arkenon,Karsam,Grub

ukator
Knight-Champion
Knight-Champion

Post by ukator » 11 Sep 2008 12:20 pm

Protection is pretty fun from the little I've played with it on beta. Shockwave is nice.

San gonna go more cat or bear?

Zaes
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Zaes » 11 Sep 2008 04:48 pm

Sanlear wrote:I'll be sticking with being feral specced.
You poor thing, it's not looking so swell for them right now.

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 11 Sep 2008 05:32 pm

They'll be fine. The pendulum swings back and forth a lot during beta, and it's a bad idea to get excited about any extreme it lands at, since that's not its final position.

Any time you see something that makes you say, "I MUST have that," it's going to be changed. Conversely, stuff that makes you go "oh, HELL, no" isn't going to make it in, either.

ukator
Knight-Champion
Knight-Champion

Post by ukator » 11 Sep 2008 07:14 pm

Yeah and just like the live boards don't listen to 95% of the people on there.

goomba_boy
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by goomba_boy » 11 Sep 2008 08:13 pm

Ringo Flinthammer wrote:They'll be fine. The pendulum swings back and forth a lot during beta, and it's a bad idea to get excited about any extreme it lands at, since that's not its final position.

Any time you see something that makes you say, "I MUST have that," it's going to be changed. Conversely, stuff that makes you go "oh, HELL, no" isn't going to make it in, either.
So spake the Thain...

Speaking as a feral long before feral was in fashion, I sincerely doubt I'll be seeing a re-spec. Now if I can just choose between more bear and more cat...

ukator
Knight-Champion
Knight-Champion

Post by ukator » 12 Sep 2008 03:10 am

Really like the look of the bear talents, but haven't played too much with the druid.

Sanlear
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Sanlear » 12 Sep 2008 03:57 am

Zaes wrote:
I'm eternally optimistic. Eventually it'll get better again (I hope).

Nerple
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Nerple » 14 Sep 2008 06:05 pm

Sanlear wrote:
Zaes wrote:
I'm eternally optimistic. Eventually it'll get better again (I hope).
Agreed, no matter how much the talents suck or rock, the playstyle with ferals is just too much fun.
Still stealing Mildane's Forest Loop with Clairvoyance I

Mildane
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Mildane » 14 Sep 2008 11:20 pm

I'm going to put a higher percentage of points into Shadow. Theres a few things that will help with pvp, so I wont need much help from Disc.
Quade-(Sawed Off)

Kyroson
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Kyroson » 18 Sep 2008 05:46 pm

I have to pick-up the game (and read more) in order to see the changes in store for Pallies. Since all my gear is heal-specced, I don't see me jumping to a new spec, but we'll see.

And yes to Deathknights.

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 22 Sep 2008 02:36 pm

My current 3.0 patch plans:

Ringo

Philodox