Priest Racials Gone

General discussion board. Open to everyone.
Lthosalfar
Sergeant
Sergeant
Priest Racials Gone

Post by Lthosalfar » 15 Sep 2008 09:23 pm

In an upcoming build all Priest racials have been retired, except the following:

- Desperate Prayer - This is now the 11-point talent in Holy, Holy Nova is now a base ability. Cooldown also reduced to 30 seconds.
- Devouring Plague - Now a base ability. Cooldown reduced to 30 seconds, mana cost greatly reduced.
- Symbol of Hope - Now a base ability. Now restores 5% base mana every 2 seconds for 8 seconds to your party. Renamed "Hymn of Hope."

While this change does reduce the "uniqueness" of different Priests, we feel game balance as a whole will benefit.

Note: These new "racials" are not racials, they are trainable to all Priests.
Although I am sad to see starshards go, having access to devouring plague is absolutely fucking awesome. And hymn of hope will give shadowpriests a slight edge over survival hunters and retribution pallies in the mana regen department.
When the pendulum swings it cuts
When the big door swings open and shuts
Yeah we'll be middle-age children, but so what?

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: Priest Racials Gone

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 15 Sep 2008 09:55 pm

Doesn't hunter survival mana regen rely on crits?

Lthosalfar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Lthosalfar » 15 Sep 2008 11:02 pm

Ringo Flinthammer wrote:Doesn't hunter survival mana regen rely on crits?
Yep. Since replenishment lasts 15 secs, I'm assuming a hunter with 30% crit rating would be proccing it constantly.

Mildane
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Mildane » 17 Sep 2008 01:29 pm

I dont know what devouring and symbol do, but it's sad to see desperate prayer go. That's what gives me a fighting chance to survive in pvp. Now i'll just have to stay shadow and hope they die before me, but then I'm cloth. Ah well, I'm about done with it all anyways.
Quade-(Sawed Off)

Lthosalfar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Lthosalfar » 17 Sep 2008 09:39 pm

With the new beta build, Hymn of Hope is a holy spell, and is now an 8 second channeled cast. Completely worthless for shadow priests. Damn it.

Quade, devouring plague afflicts the target with a disease that causes 1216 Shadow damage over 24 sec. Damage caused by the Devouring Plague heals the caster. 31% of base mana, 30 yd range, instant cast, 24 sec cooldown. This used to be an undeal priest racial spell. So we get an extra shadow dot that will work with VE, and will also give an additional 5% damage increase to mind blast and mind flay if you have 5/5 twisted faith. Pretty awesome!

Zaes
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Zaes » 18 Sep 2008 12:34 pm

Lthosalfar wrote:With the new beta build, Hymn of Hope is a holy spell, and is now an 8 second channeled cast. Completely worthless for shadow priests. Damn it.

Quade, devouring plague afflicts the target with a disease that causes 1216 Shadow damage over 24 sec. Damage caused by the Devouring Plague heals the caster. 31% of base mana, 30 yd range, instant cast, 24 sec cooldown. This used to be an undeal priest racial spell. So we get an extra shadow dot that will work with VE, and will also give an additional 5% damage increase to mind blast and mind flay if you have 5/5 twisted faith. Pretty awesome!
The only downside to it is I would still only end up using it with Inner Focus up because of how much mana it costs. But still I do think it's snazzy that we get that, though I think symbol of hope was giving more mana back then just another dot would.