Randomness!

General discussion board. Open to everyone.
Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Randomness!

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 09 Nov 2008 01:16 am

Random mount macro:
/run CallCompanion("MOUNT", random(GetNumCompanions("MOUNT")))
Random pet macro:
/run CallCompanion("CRITTER", random(GetNumCompanions("CRITTER")))
Note that this includes Winter's Veil pets that need snowballs to summon them and level 30 mounts (and AQ40 ones), so you may get error messages occasionally.

I originally got the pet macro from WarcraftPets.com, incidentally.

Beli Flinthammer
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Re: Randomness!

Post by Beli Flinthammer » 10 Nov 2008 03:09 pm

Always thought the pet one was a great idea. Not so sure on random mount since I don't want a level 30 mount when I need to fly, etc. That needs to be refined.

:P
Goblin + Engineering = KNOW HOW, BABY!

Widge
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Widge » 11 Nov 2008 05:08 am

Beli Flinthammer wrote:Always thought the pet one was a great idea. Not so sure on random mount since I don't want a level 30 mount when I need to fly, etc. That needs to be refined.
The best I've been able to do easily is to use /castrandom. You don't get as many options since macros are limited to 255 characters, but you can have a good nine or ten possibilities. Mine is currently:

Code: Select all

/castrandom Albino Drake, Azure Netherwing Drake, Red Riding Nether Ray, Swift Red Gryphon, Turbo-Charged Flying Machine
Which is only like 120 characters (and I think I might have wasted a few with spaces after the commas, now that I think about it), so there's room for more. Easiest way to set it up is to open the mount interface and the macro interface at the same time, as you can shift-click on the mount icons to automatically add the name of the "spell" to the macro.

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 11 Nov 2008 09:44 am

Very cool. I'm going to have to try that.