GC: Replenishment "mandatory" on raids

General discussion board. Open to everyone.
Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
GC: Replenishment "mandatory" on raids

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 29 Jan 2009 11:57 am

Blizzard is balancing raids around the availability of the buff:
Ghostcrawler wrote: We consider Replenishment mandatory. What I mean by that is we assume that you have Replenishment available to your raid. It is technically possible to go without it, but you will need to overgear the instance or otherwise compensate for it in other ways.

That doesn't mean we will or will not nerf Replenishment. But we don't want it to feel optional (assuming you are in reasonably challenging content) and nerfing it too much might have that effect.
In other words, they expect every raid to have either a Survival Hunter, Retribution Paladin or Shadow Priest along for the ride.

For Survival Hunters, that means going almost to the very end of the Survival tree, so there won't really be any being some other spec and just dipping into Survival for Hunting Party, alas.

ukator
Knight-Champion
Knight-Champion

Re: GC: Replenishment "mandatory" on raids

Post by ukator » 29 Jan 2009 12:02 pm

Well I'm against any buff being mandatory. A lot of our raids can run without any of these. Granted we aren't pushing progression so we might be ok anyway. Really seems to affect 10man.

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 29 Jan 2009 12:07 pm

Well, if they're balancing around the idea that people simply aren't going to run totally dry on mana, it's going to be something we'll be facing sooner or later.

Mildane
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Mildane » 30 Jan 2009 02:27 am

booooo
Quade-(Sawed Off)

Orsco
Private
Private

Post by Orsco » 31 Jan 2009 12:18 am

This is fairly amusing. I dont know how the paly and SP talents work, but hunter' is an up to 5 point talent. EJ's says only 2/5 is really needed right now, and i feel thats actually about right. it seems to go off plenty for me at that rate.

Hug your survival hunter today!