Its been fun!

General discussion board. Open to everyone.
Cluutch
Civilian
Civilian
Its been fun!

Post by Cluutch » 31 Mar 2009 05:17 am

Hi all,
Just a few of you from the EQ days know me, but since I'm finally hanging up the Wow towel I wanted to drop in and say goodbye. I've always been one to play cloth-type characters and, in "Lich King" the DPS and healing those classes are known for have been handed over to the plates with nothing to compensate for it. That, combined with the introduction of a cloth-ripping class which was introduced so new subscribers can be in the endgame before their trial-subscription runs out are just too much for me so I 've canceled my accounts. I just really can't find any enjoyment in a game when I know any accomplishments made are going to be trivialized like this. Who knows, perhaps the developers will finish warping Wow so much that they'll have to make Wow2 and we'll all meet again. :lol:

At any rate, enough of my ranting. What's made EQ and Wow fun was never really the game mechanics anyway. It was the weirdos I ran around with. 8-) I wish you all the best of luck and hope you tear the next content apart.

Be safe
Cluutch aka Beltalek

Clouseau
Commander
Commander

Re: Its been fun!

Post by Clouseau » 31 Mar 2009 07:28 am

Hate seeing an institution fade away, but I can understand your frustration. Would have been better if you had stayed with us, but also can understand why that happened as well.

Any time I think about EQ (which, I admit, is seldom anymore) some of the fondest memories are of you, me, Implimian and that crew heroically keeping West, South and North Karana safe from giants, gryphons, gnolls and that ilk. Enjoy your next hobby, and keep in touch.

The Former Paladin Known As Bonlainy
This world may be another planet's hell.{Aldous Huxley}
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.{Aldous Huxley}

Steamy
Private
Private

Post by Steamy » 01 Apr 2009 08:11 am

Take care Belt! Never got to do to much with you in WoW, but have some fond memories from EQ.

Steamy formerly known as Steamy

Mildane
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Mildane » 01 Apr 2009 03:14 pm

Take care man.
Quade-(Sawed Off)

Beli Flinthammer
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Beli Flinthammer » 02 Apr 2009 10:18 am

/nod

Best of luck, friend. We'll see you in the next reincarnation, wherever that may be! ;)
Goblin + Engineering = KNOW HOW, BABY!

Lthosalfar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Lthosalfar » 02 Apr 2009 02:32 pm

I have no clue who you are, but I totally agree with you. The fact that Paladins are able to completely immune themselves to damage (chaos bolt still doesn't work, thanks), heal themselves to full, and STILL have a totally full mana bar, and do incredible damage is absolutely, unequivocally fucking unbalanced.

I just spent a couple of weeks playing on the arena tournament realms as my shadowpriest, and before I stepped foot in that place rogues were my worst enemy in PVP. It's definitely paladins now. But rogues, they are still incredibly OP in arenas. They can stun me for 15 seconds, and there is nothing I can do about it. What is the point of trinketing out of a stun when you will be kicked, stunned, blinded half a second later?

Why is my only real CC, psychic scream, being nerfed in 3.1 to break on 2k damage? It's not shadowpriests who were able to fear and dot up people to death. We were never able to accomplish that. But since warlocks could, shadow priests get completely screwed again.

But it's all good because shadow priests got an AMAZING rework of psychic horror. I can terrify a target, causing them to tremble in horror for 3 sec and drop their weapons for 10 secs. And it only has a 1 minute cooldown! This is going to help so much in PVP. But wait, we got psychic horror nerfed to a 2 minute cooldown because Blizzard was afraid we would be chain-cc'ing people out the ass, and that would be imbalanced (where have you been when rogues have been chain cc'ing me for four years). Oh but wait we got the spell nerfed again! Now it only makes the target drop their main hand and/or ranged weapons. Rogues get to own us still.

I'm really not one to bitch about my class (I think shadowpriests are good in PVE) but in light of the past couple of weeks playing the hellhole arenas, I don't blame you one bit for quitting this game.

EDIT: And I forgot DKs, fuck them too thanks
When the pendulum swings it cuts
When the big door swings open and shuts
Yeah we'll be middle-age children, but so what?

Mildane
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Mildane » 02 Apr 2009 03:02 pm

I haven't even played the expansion yet, and that sounds upsetting. It's probably better just to go Holy, damn. That or go back to EQ!
Quade-(Sawed Off)

Lthosalfar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Lthosalfar » 02 Apr 2009 03:13 pm

Mildane wrote:I haven't even played the expansion yet, and that sounds upsetting. It's probably better just to go Holy, damn. That or go back to EQ!
If you're playing a priest, go disc. It's the only tree that seems to get real, legitimate, LONG LASTING (not nerfed before the ability even goes live on the PTR) PVP buffs.
When the pendulum swings it cuts
When the big door swings open and shuts
Yeah we'll be middle-age children, but so what?

Shiloch
Private
Private

Post by Shiloch » 13 Apr 2009 09:29 am

Hey Beltalek!

I didn't even know you were playing WoW, but... it's sad to see you go!

-Shi