It's (legendary) Hammer time!

General discussion board. Open to everyone.
Kyroson
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
It's (legendary) Hammer time!

Post by Kyroson » 28 Apr 2009 07:12 am

Lovely.

I've been reading Ferarro's blog for a while and I must say she's one of the main reasons I've stepped up my game. I've yet to set foot on Ulduar (hell, I've barely dipped a toe in Naxx-25), but for that one I'm ready, willing and able to raid for the better part of the year to get my pieces.

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: It's (legendary) Hammer time!

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 28 Apr 2009 07:44 am

Every boss in Ulduar seems to have a chance of dropping a piece. So, in theory, it should be only a two to three week process of assembling it, if the parts all drop in any kind of good order.

And distributing a piece here and a piece there to random people is a recipe for having 20 people with an uncompleted mace, and no one helping the raid by having a completed one.

Much smarter, IMO, is to push through to finish off one mace before going on to the next. More bubbles means more survival.

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 28 Apr 2009 07:47 am

And, WOW, that is one ugly blog. http://www.bananashoulders.com/ is my favorite pally blog.

Allisiah
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Allisiah » 28 Apr 2009 08:46 am

I wouldnt mind having that one Eli as well. I need to step iot up and get my butt in uldar.

Orsco
Private
Private

Post by Orsco » 28 Apr 2009 08:57 am

Thats a nice mace.....and has pvp nerf written all over it...

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 28 Apr 2009 09:50 am

Orsco wrote:Thats a nice mace.....and has pvp nerf written all over it...
Why? Legendaries have been used in PvP since the beginning with no nerfs -- Thunderfury was an absolute beast, back in the day. It will be a long time before many copies of Val'anyr are in the hands of non-healers.

ukator
Knight-Champion
Knight-Champion

Post by ukator » 28 Apr 2009 11:43 am

I'm still trying to figure out Ferrero's deal. Think she either works for Blizzard or is called in to help test things on their server. Good information on that blog.

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 28 Apr 2009 02:18 pm

I would suspect those aren't the only stats Val'anyr has -- Atiesh had different versions for each class that completed the quest in Naxx-40, and I'd bet my eyeteeth that Val'anyr will be the same way.

Matthias
Private
Private

Post by Matthias » 29 Apr 2009 10:06 am

Ringo Flinthammer wrote:Every boss in Ulduar seems to have a chance of dropping a piece. So, in theory, it should be only a two to three week process of assembling it, if the parts all drop in any kind of good order.
Two to three months of Ulduar full clears might be possible for collecting 30 [item]Fragment of Val'anyr[/item] without resorting to the 100% drops from hard-modes. I don't think doing it in a few weeks without completing every hard-mode in Ulduar is possible, though.

And if a guild/raid group is relying on the luck of non-hard mode drops, they'll still have the hurdle of [achievement]Heroic: Three Lights in the Darkness[/achievement] to get past.
Orsco wrote:Thats a nice mace.....and has pvp nerf written all over it...
The stats are decent (but not particularly amazing), and the proc isn't particularly new or unique either -- [item]Scarab Brooch[/item] from Viscidus in AQ40.

Orsco
Private
Private

Post by Orsco » 30 Apr 2009 12:21 am

Wow i hadnt known about that. I have enough other classes to complain about in pvp, so ill just leave it there to dry up and wither!