Flying

General discussion board. Open to everyone.
Steamy
Private
Private
Flying

Post by Steamy » 28 Apr 2009 12:09 pm

OK I'm up to lvl 76 and have 2200 saved up. Do I buy a flying mount for 1k and frozen flying for 1k then save up 5k for speedy flying? Where do I get the mounts and flying skills at? Thanks much from your too lazy to research trivial things dwarf, Steamy.

kronosx
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Flying

Post by kronosx » 28 Apr 2009 12:40 pm

Hiya Steamy. You'll need to buy all those things anyway. You can't get the speedy flying without the slow flying so I'd do what you planned, buy slow and cold weather and then save up for the fast skill. You'll need to be lvl 77 for cold weather flying.

You can train the flying skill right on the landing pad in Dalaran. There's a trainer there. Depending on what flying mount you end up buying will dictate where you go. The basic mounts are in SMV at the dwarf stronghold.
Aliarle,Elarac,Riccus,Arkenon,Karsam,Grub

ukator
Knight-Champion
Knight-Champion

Post by ukator » 28 Apr 2009 12:51 pm

You need to be 77 and have the cold weather skill to fly at all in Northrend as well. So yeah, at 77 buy them and a mount, then save for fast flying.

Steamy
Private
Private

Post by Steamy » 28 Apr 2009 01:19 pm

Thanks guys, I heard you all say something about lvl 77 before but I couldn't remember. So I'll just wait one more level then. Thanks again 8)

Clouseau
Commander
Commander

Post by Clouseau » 28 Apr 2009 03:02 pm

As far as mount prices, I believe the cheapest mounts are the first gryphons in Shadowmoon Valley, although I haven't seen any of the slow bird mount prices in Northrend so I'm not 100% sure on the cost of those, or if they need faction to buy.
This world may be another planet's hell.{Aldous Huxley}
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.{Aldous Huxley}

ukator
Knight-Champion
Knight-Champion

Post by ukator » 29 Apr 2009 09:38 am

The one in Dalaran might be cheaper.