The New Faces of WoW

General discussion board. Open to everyone.
Clouseau
Commander
Commander
The New Faces of WoW

Post by Clouseau » 10 Aug 2009 10:21 am

So you can take this how you want, but this link states the new races for the next expansion have been leaked. Not going to post them because not everyone wants to know, but if you do.......... (not this is not a joke link, at least it seems legit.)

New Faces
This world may be another planet's hell.{Aldous Huxley}
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.{Aldous Huxley}

Mithis Graymane
Private
Private

Re: The New Faces of WoW

Post by Mithis Graymane » 10 Aug 2009 01:44 pm

Also being speculated at length on the LO forums, here.
EQ -> WoW -> Tabula Rasa -> EVE -> Warhammer -> Rift -> SW:TOR

Clouseau
Commander
Commander

Post by Clouseau » 10 Aug 2009 03:08 pm

Which is where I took it from, but since not everyone who reads here reads there I linked it here.
This world may be another planet's hell.{Aldous Huxley}
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.{Aldous Huxley}

Mithis Graymane
Private
Private

Post by Mithis Graymane » 10 Aug 2009 03:21 pm

Clouseau wrote:Which is where I took it from, but since not everyone who reads here reads there I linked it here.
I c wat u did thar....and since you read here and you read there but still linked it here, I thought I'd complete the circle and linked it there.
EQ -> WoW -> Tabula Rasa -> EVE -> Warhammer -> Rift -> SW:TOR

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 10 Aug 2009 03:40 pm

I find the races very plausible. Honestly, the arguments against them smack of people who don't know a whole lot of pre-WoW Warcraft history.

We'll know in two weeks. I will be liveblogging Blizzcon at twitter.com/blizzconnews again this year, FYI.

Allisiah
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Allisiah » 14 Aug 2009 07:05 am

it seems highly plausable. however for alliance I'm just not sure worgen would be right. I mean how many of them have we killed? plus in Grizzly hills there is that quest line. that makes you allis with the worgen for a short time. however during that piriod of time we dont know that they are. So for aliance to get worgen just seems kinda out of place to me. Wouldnt getting tuskar and there tauren looking thing make more sence?

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 14 Aug 2009 08:16 am

Have you explored Pyrewood in Silverpine Forest? Gilneas is next door (and will likely be a new starting zone in the expansion). They're friendly-to-Alliance humans who are cursed to turn into worgen. If you extend the curse through the gate to Gilneas next door, you've got a whole population of folks who were once human. If they credit the Alliance for freeing them for some reason, that's all you need for them to join our team.

Tuskarr are unlikely, since the next expansion won't take place in Northrend. Expansion content is always related to the new expansion area.

Nerple
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Nerple » 14 Aug 2009 11:33 pm

MMO-Champion.com has leaked that as well and today they linked alot more about the new expansion including the basic plot of why the Horde race stopped their stance on neutrality. The story was extremely weak, but they did mention it was a story you would be able to play out in questlines with phasing which will be cool.

Of what they have leaked (and I tend to believe most of it is true), it seems the expansion is serving two purposes:
1.) Further display that Azeroth is alive and not some static place frozen in time.
2.) Continuing to avoid the traps previous MMO's have had of vast expanses of abandoned areas. Which I like, it was sad running through EQ and seeing entire continents like Kunark and Velious abandoned.

But I hope there is alot more than what is leaked thus far as it seems like only half an expansion content wise so far and WoW doesn't put out enough expansions to give a Legacy of Ykesha type expansion.
Still stealing Mildane's Forest Loop with Clairvoyance I

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 15 Aug 2009 12:35 am

Bear in mind that the lore stuff they're posting came from Something Awful, home of the Goon Squad.