Cataclysm: My take so far...

General discussion board. Open to everyone.
Clouseau
Commander
Commander
Cataclysm: My take so far...

Post by Clouseau » 21 Aug 2009 08:39 pm

COOL!!!!!!

Yes, I will be worgen_3,983,088, because they are the sweetest looking race since tauren.

Archeology = awesomeness!

Buh bye Defense is YAY!

Human hunter, meh.

Gnome priest is hawt

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm WATCH THE FREAKING TRAILER!!! O M G!!!
This world may be another planet's hell.{Aldous Huxley}
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.{Aldous Huxley}

Mildane
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Cataclysm: My take so far...

Post by Mildane » 21 Aug 2009 09:11 pm

Human hunter, meh.
Interesting...
Quade-(Sawed Off)

Lolidom
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Lolidom » 21 Aug 2009 09:21 pm

At first I thought, "Dwarf Shaman wha?" but then I smacked myself and remembered the Earthen. Seriously. The Dwarfs have more of a connection to the elements and the planet itself then any other race allowed to be Shamans. They were part of the earth itself but fell to the curse of flesh. I'm actually quite happy to see some homage to original lore.

And I was confused with the Human hunter thing. I always though humans could already be hunters. @.@ *dosn't play humans*

The Worgen confused me, though. "Savage" races have always been turned away by the alliance. Gona be some interesting reading there. But I can so predict that, just like with the Forsaken, the Worgens will be overrun with wanabee goths and now Twitards will have a place in WoW. D:

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 21 Aug 2009 09:48 pm

The thing to realize that this isn't just a reset for the world, it's a reset for the game. The graphics are vastly improved -- you will be amazed at the improved water, now with reflections -- and even newbie zones will feature phasing.

This is WoW as it would be released in 2010, not in 2004.

Orsco
Private
Private

Post by Orsco » 22 Aug 2009 01:11 am

pretty awesome trailer. remaking the old world, in combination with global events, is a quite a great idear (probly learned from sonys POS redoing of its old world in eq1).

I always wondered why humans couldnt be hunters to begin with. seems silly. any race shoulda been able to if you ask me :)

Clouseau
Commander
Commander

Post by Clouseau » 22 Aug 2009 06:12 am

I completely agree that any race should be able to be a hunter, except maybe gnome, because they can't see over even the smallest bushes and any gun would knock them on their ass whenever they shoot, so subsequent shots after the first would all take a long time to get off. My "meh" on human hunters is that it's just not one of the things I would put up there as exciting. Dwarf shaman, tauren paladins and priests is much more cool to me.
This world may be another planet's hell.{Aldous Huxley}
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.{Aldous Huxley}

Cog
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Cog » 22 Aug 2009 08:17 am

Gnome shaman would be better (whirly-gig totems would have looked awesome!), but a dwarf shaman (totems = kegs, yes?) would still be better. Now they just need to add a 1-off race change option to make Ipap a dwarf and I'll be all set!

Mildane
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Mildane » 22 Aug 2009 10:19 am

Do you have to wait for the release to be able to play a human hunter? When is the release?
Quade-(Sawed Off)

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 22 Aug 2009 01:15 pm

They made a reference to people complaining at next year's Blizzcon about how goblin rogues were overpowered. My guess is next summer, but that's just a guess.

And I didn't hear it myself, but I saw elsewhere online that a race change is coming eventually. I will expect everyone in the guild to be shorties, except for our now-worgen druids. :twisted:

Allisiah
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Allisiah » 23 Aug 2009 06:23 am

oh if that happens I am so changing my human priest to a gnome. seriously. she just looked cool in the video. but I can't wait for it. not for the new races or class changes. I want the old world to be new. I mean flying in old world..how cool can you get?
Last edited by Allisiah on 24 Aug 2009 05:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sanlear
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Sanlear » 24 Aug 2009 04:05 am

Ringo Flinthammer wrote:And I didn't hear it myself, but I saw elsewhere online that a race change is coming eventually. I will expect everyone in the guild to be shorties, except for our now-worgen druids. :twisted:
I think I can honestly say the day I can turn Sanlear into a worgen, I'll be dropping my night elf-ness like a dress on prom night. Worgens = awesome.

I'm really excited for this expansion. :D

Lthosalfar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Lthosalfar » 24 Aug 2009 06:30 am

Horde taking over Ashenvale is trash. :stfu

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/ima ... _hires.jpg

When the pendulum swings it cuts
When the big door swings open and shuts
Yeah we'll be middle-age children, but so what?

kronosx
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by kronosx » 24 Aug 2009 06:57 am

This is very exciting. I think I'm most thrilled with the revamping of the stat system. It was really getting out of control. And the prospect of fighting Ragnaros again is awesome.
Aliarle,Elarac,Riccus,Arkenon,Karsam,Grub

Voca
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Voca » 24 Aug 2009 10:38 am

Gnome priest /swoon ... Definite new alt here, it's what I would have played from the beginning if they had been available. Mimbsy the mage is going to have a profession change!

Also, the shaman may become a dwarf and the druid may swap factions and become a worgen. I'll play a baby worgen 1-15 for the new zone experience but I don't have leveling one in me. 15 levels extra on the druid I might one day manage however.
I'm not cute, I'm just drawn that way.

"Aimer, ce n'est pas se regarder l'un l'autre, c'est regarder ensemble dans la même direction." – Antoine de Saint Exupery

Voca
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Voca » 24 Aug 2009 10:39 am

Hmm, apparently I need a new signature!

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 24 Aug 2009 05:05 pm

What new profession is that, Voca?

Orsco
Private
Private

Post by Orsco » 24 Aug 2009 11:25 pm

revamping of stat system?

kronosx
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by kronosx » 25 Aug 2009 07:20 am

Orsco wrote:revamping of stat system?
from http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/faq/
Will there be any changes to player stats such as Agility, Spell Power, and so on?

We are always looking for ways to improve how player stats work. Our long-term plan is to simplify statistics and provide a more clear understanding of their effects on healing and damage dealing. For example, Spell Power will no longer be its own statistic, and Intellect will provide its benefits instead. We also plan to make Spirit the definitive mana-regeneration statistic, in which case we would remove the mana-per-5-seconds stat from gear. Confusing stats like defense and armor penetration will likely go away. Of course, existing items will be updated to reflect these changes. We’re also adding a new stat called Mastery, which ties into a character’s existing talents and will grant a unique function for each class. A rogue, for example, might gain an extra combo point through the Mastery stat.
Aliarle,Elarac,Riccus,Arkenon,Karsam,Grub

Voca
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Voca » 25 Aug 2009 10:35 am

Ringo Flinthammer wrote:What new profession is that, Voca?
Bah, I meant it in the normal sense not the game sense. I mean she is going to have a class change, i.e., become a priest. I never got into the mage but I love the name so going to re-roll her.
I'm not cute, I'm just drawn that way.

"Aimer, ce n'est pas se regarder l'un l'autre, c'est regarder ensemble dans la même direction." – Antoine de Saint Exupery

goomba_boy
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by goomba_boy » 25 Aug 2009 08:23 pm

Oh, I'll definitely have a worgen druid when Cataclysm comes out, but there is no way I'll ever change races on Guumby. Better start getting that exile paperwork going...