Pina Coladas--the Application

General discussion board. Open to everyone.
innerzen
Civilian
Civilian
Pina Coladas--the Application

Post by innerzen » 06 Jul 2010 04:48 am

"Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him"

Wait, wrong speech. Hmmm. I have it here somewhere.

"I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation."

No, that's not it either. Where did I put that application speech? Ahh. Here it is.

So I was born a poor half-elf back in Norrath a decade ago. I was shunned by friends...those so-called OTHER elves that labeled me as half-breed, half-orc, and other demeaning names. I learned to fight, to survive, and eventually rise above the filth of my home.

It thrills me to no end to see those that put me down still working in their dirty little villages while I enjoy the wealth and fame earned through years of fighting the evils in our world. Dragons, planar hostilities, and the gods themselves--I battled, and beat, them all.

I fought side-by-side with my brothers-in-arms: Lucid Chimera, Razor's Edge, Walkers and in the end, Alternate Eclipse.

After a night of heavy drinking on the throne of Quarm, a man appeared whom I didn't recognize. He pulled me to the side and said something I'll never forget:

"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and you believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland. And, I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

So what would you do? Damn right I took the red pill. I was tired, old and done with Norrath.

When consciousness returned, I was in a lush landscape, and little more than a boy. I felt the newness again--the thrill of wonder, excitement and awe at the world around me. I found people to guide and teach me--people who called what I was a Night Elf.

Fast-forward to today. I am learning, training, and growing so that one day I can contribute to the global crisis in this new realm. I am looking to join with some of my brothers and sisters who also took the red pill--those of you who may remember me from Norrath, and who fought beside me in the Walkers guild.

I.AM.BACK.

Personal Specifications:
Name: Talverien
Race: Night Elf
Class: Hunter
Level: 60

I enjoy sunsets, long walks, pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain. I'm not into yoga, and I have half-a-brain. Wait! Cut this part!!! I thought this was the personals section.
Last edited by innerzen on 04 Aug 2010 03:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clouseau
Commander
Commander

Re: Pina Coladas--the Application

Post by Clouseau » 06 Jul 2010 07:44 am

You had me at half-a-brain! Of course the night elf part puts a damper on things, but we can't all be perfect and dwarf.

Great to see you come to Azeroth, Talv, it's been a long time.
This world may be another planet's hell.{Aldous Huxley}
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.{Aldous Huxley}

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 09 Jul 2010 06:16 am

Tsk. Night elf!

Sanlear
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Sanlear » 21 Jul 2010 08:31 am

Welcome brother! (Or at least, brother until I turn into a worgen. :) )

Swoogie
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Swoogie » 21 Jul 2010 11:50 pm

Nicely written. Cya ingame. Its always good to see former EQ Walkers!

Molting
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Molting » 03 Sep 2010 07:33 am

Best app. I've read in awhile...Nice job. Welcome!