Goblin Transportation Cannons + Slow Fall: A Mages Story

General discussion board. Open to everyone.
Tzakapotek
Civilian
Civilian
Goblin Transportation Cannons + Slow Fall: A Mages Story

Post by Tzakapotek » 23 Dec 2010 03:31 pm

Last night, while questing through the Stonard area, I discovered a friendly (neutral) Goblin camp and a few new quests. One thing led to another, and I wound up following the line through the entire zone. To get between certain quest hubs and encounters, the Goblins use "Transportation Cannons." I figured that since "Slow-Fall" is an instant cast spell, I would use it at the apogee of the trip to extend the distance a bit, just for fun.

Well.... Long story short -- bad idea.

Here is a few screens of the "problem."

I overshot by quite a bit, actually.

In fact -- by the time I hit the water, my "fatigue bar" was nearly half full.

Sadly -- I don't swim as fast as I get shot through the air via cannon, even with blink.

Which leads to this.

At least they let me keep the "stack of questionable publications." (another lie -- the questgiver took that as soon as I completed the quest!)

In short? Goblins are evil. Even the nuetral ones. I now return you to your regularly scheduled programing!

Ikeya
Private
Private

Re: Goblin Transportation Cannons + Slow Fall: A Mages Story

Post by Ikeya » 01 Jan 2011 02:24 pm

I remember casting slow fall, mounting up, and running off the top of the Temple of Storms in Storm Peak to see if I could slowly drift above the entirety of Dalaran. Worked out pretty good. Til I drifted into the Wrathgate, got the Serenity buff from Alexestraza that silenced me and promptly plummeted to my death when slow fall wore off.

Aspect of Life my foot.

Tzakapotek
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Tzakapotek » 02 Jan 2011 06:00 pm

Ikeya wrote:I remember casting slow fall, mounting up, and running off the top of the Temple of Storms in Storm Peak to see if I could slowly drift above the entirety of Dalaran. Worked out pretty good. Til I drifted into the Wrathgate, got the Serenity buff from Alexestraza that silenced me and promptly plummeted to my death when slow fall wore off.

Aspect of Life my foot.
Haha, whoops!

Allisiah
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Allisiah » 04 Feb 2011 01:54 pm

Ikeya wrote:I remember casting slow fall, mounting up, and running off the top of the Temple of Storms in Storm Peak to see if I could slowly drift above the entirety of Dalaran. Worked out pretty good. Til I drifted into the Wrathgate, got the Serenity buff from Alexestraza that silenced me and promptly plummeted to my death when slow fall wore off.

Aspect of Life my foot.
I now must totally try that. just for fun. :lol: