Scam or Hax?

General discussion board. Open to everyone.
Mildane
Sergeant
Sergeant
Scam or Hax?

Post by Mildane » 04 Jan 2012 09:10 pm

I got this e-mail today in my spam folder. The sender was blizzard entertainment. I haven't logged in for over a year I'm sure, so I have no clue. I removed the links, but they look like they go to blizzard / battle.net. Not sure.

Greetings,

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal World of Warcraft account(s). As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement. If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled. It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees. If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.

Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Blizzard Entertainment SAS
TSA 60 001
Service Administration des Comptes
78143 Velizy Villacoublay Cedex

If you wish to review our current Rules and Policies for World of Warcraft and Battle.net, they can be found at:

Regards,

Game Master Dunarthra
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment

Please retain all history if you reply to this mail
Quade-(Sawed Off)

Mildane
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Scam or Hax?

Post by Mildane » 08 Jan 2012 06:23 pm

Well I changed my battle.net pw for kicks. If you see Pryst on, it's not me.
Quade-(Sawed Off)

Wrahn
Private
Private

Post by Wrahn » 09 Jan 2012 07:56 am

Scam, almost 100% sure if you can get on to your battle.net account. Do not go to their "secure" website that is a really good indication that it is a scam.

Clouseau
Commander
Commander

Post by Clouseau » 09 Jan 2012 08:14 am

I've got that one many times, pure spam. If you hover over the links you can see that the actual site they go to is no where near what they put in the body of the email.
This world may be another planet's hell.{Aldous Huxley}
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.{Aldous Huxley}

Mildane
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Mildane » 09 Jan 2012 04:14 pm

Hah! Maybe it's Blizzards attempt to get people to reactivate. :lol:
Quade-(Sawed Off)