What did you think of the holiday events?

General discussion board. Open to everyone.

Poll: What did you think of WoW's holiday events?

Perfect, couldn't imagine a better special event.
11%
Great fun!
78%
OK, I can think of ways it could have been better.
No votes
Pretty bad. They could have done a lot better.
11%
Absolutely horrible. It wasn't worth them doing.
No votes

Total votes: 9

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
What did you think of the holiday events?

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 30 Dec 2004 02:07 pm

They're still here, for now, but I think it's pretty likely we'll see them go bye-bye by early January at the latest. And by this point, pretty much everyone has done the quests and moved on. So, let's look back (even though they're not gone yet).

What did you think of WoW's holiday events?

Beli Flinthammer
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Beli Flinthammer » 30 Dec 2004 02:49 pm

The event exceeded my expectations. I expected decorations and holiday items on vendors for limited time only, but I did not expect the quests at various levels and I did not expect the lore that accompanied the event. They did a very nice job weaving it all together for both the alliance and the horde.

I can't wait to see what they do for Halloween!

On the downside, depending who you ask, they've now set the bar for holiday events so players may be expecting this kind of intensity for all the holidays. In beta, during the 4th of July, they put up a few firework vendors with sparklers and fireworks and that was that! I don't think people will be satisified with that now they've had a taste of the Winter Veil.

8)
Goblin + Engineering = KNOW HOW, BABY!

Vamen
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Post by Vamen » 31 Dec 2004 06:53 pm

On the plus side, maybe they will get even better!
I was really impressed with the quests and the rewards..good fun. I love fun stuff like the winter costume. I DID not like the gift you got from Greatfather Winter in the mail for the cookies but I guess I'll let it slide due to the snowball maker and costume =)

I really look forward to more such events and I hope they keep adding fun content like this. The only gave I've ever played that did such things was AC1 and, while not the great of games, the events were without equal (from simply covering the whole world in snow at winter to entire towns being destoryed, not to mention all the new items they added EVERY patch). I really hope Wow follows their footsteps as far as that sort of thing is concerned. Thus far, they seem to be.

Detteric
Civilian
Civilian

wasn't that impressed

Post by Detteric » 03 Jan 2005 05:08 am

I didn't actually get a chance to do much of the festive quests and such so Ican't comment on that. Though the festive decorations made my visits to IronForge almost unbareable.

On top of all the people frequenting the city you have a bunch of extra stuff that really slowed me down. Though I think maybe it was just my system.

I'm going to be upgrading my system memory soon so I'm hoping next year I don't have so much lag with the festive stuff.

Daiggas 15th season dwarf hunter/football player :P
(the spaulders I have make me look like one heh)