The Birth of a Scout

Warcraft-related fiction and other creative works. Open to everyone.
Clouseau
Commander
Commander
The Birth of a Scout

Post by Clouseau » 12 Nov 2004 12:32 pm

There I was sitting and talking to my friend Mikhail, a bartender of course, when these four big guards come a strollin in and yelling:

"Where be the one known as Clouseau?"

So I tucked my head low so all they could see was braids and beard and sipped my stout. Well wouldn't you know it, Guard Ashlock is with them, and him and me has drunk the ale and stout on occasion. Sure as hell he points my way and let's them know where I be. Imagine my surprise when Commander Ashlam Valorfist steps up and tells me to come along quietly. Well what else was a petty thief and mercenary going to do? So along I went.

The next thing you know I'm pushed forward and in front of ole King Bronzebeard his ownself, with him glaring down on me with a look I didn't know what to make of. Well I be tellin you, I was shakin in me boots a bit and having to clench up real tight to keep it in, if you catch my drift. Ole Magni (granted I wouldn't say it that way in public but I feel none other will ever read this) tells me that he has reports I might be the one to take a task up for him, that he has had word of my skills. Let me tell you, I was plum flabbergasted to put it mildly. Well he goes on to tell me that he has word of a foul plan to extort money from the Ironforge mining spoils, and that he needs information on the extent of the problem. Right there I was enlisted, because it was either that or go to the bowels of the Ironforge dungeon on trumped up (well mostly trumped up) deeds they be layin on me head.

It seems they be thinkin one of the rogue trainers is behind this, Hulfdan Blackbeard, and they first want me to get in good and try and finagle some facts from him. They also sent me off to Fimble Finespindle to learn how to make newer and better armor out of hides. Now this gets me athinkin, and I realize I will be off on some extended trips away from the warmth of Ironforge. The last thing they did was send me off in search of the ones they call Ringo (a hunter of much success) and Beli Flinthammer (the brains of the two) and want me to join up with them. Seems they are putting together a band of many to assist King Magni in protecting all things dwarfish, something I can get behind. One thing though, I hear tell there be tall ones joining up too, humans and the odd night elves.

Well, I reckon it's time to be off and findin this pair and gettin to work, don't want ole Magni to think I am slackin and decide that maybe the hole is a better place for me. Now off wit ye!

Clouseau, Scout of Ironforge
This world may be another planet's hell.{Aldous Huxley}
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.{Aldous Huxley}