A Wondering Soul

Warcraft-related fiction and other creative works. Open to everyone.
Hades
Civilian
Civilian
A Wondering Soul

Post by Hades » 15 Nov 2004 10:20 pm

I read everyone else’s and I thought I would give it a go :) let me know what you think. suggestions encouraged.

From the darkness there came a dim light, as I opened my eyes. I was surrounded by molten fire. I lay on the ground staring up at the blood red sky. How had I gotten here, I thought as I tried to sit up. Then another thought crossed my mind followed by a title wave of other questions. Who am I? Where am I? Why am I here? How did I get here? Before I had time to ponder these questions I heard a roar from beside me. My head snapped around to feel the hot breath of a giant black wolf on my face, his fur as dark as the darkest night. I jumped back expecting to be attacked, it hurt my entire body as I moved, but the beast just walked up and sat down beside me. As I sat waiting for my strength to return a new question came to me. Where did this giant beast come from and why was it following me. I looked into the eyes of this beast. They glowed as bright and as red as the depths of hell itself. As the time pasted I still could not bring myself to get up off the warm stone ground. While I lay there staring at this beast I remembered a long past story of a hell beast named Cerberus and from that day on that is the name by which my lone companion answered. I drifted off, laying my head on Cerberus. What came next I may never be able to explain. As I began to dream I was surrounded on all sides by walls of fire and attacked by a creature of shadow and darkness. He who possessed no corporeal form. There was no way for me to fight. Helpless I sat and looked at it with terror in my eyes, as I was consumed by its darkness. The fire slowly faded until only darkness remained. I slowly awoke again. Now I was no longer tired, I felt a force inside me, it felt evil but the strength it allowed me seemed unending. As I stood I looked back into the eyes of Cerberus. His name may have been far more accurate then I would have ever dreamed. Is this thing inside me an evil from another plane? I may never know, but from that point on I have gone by the name Hades. Living as a hunter, walking in the shadows, with one goal. To find out whom I was. If this evil inside me was the only way to find my past I would have to accept it and learn to control it.

I rose up and my great journey began.

-this is the story of Hades, once an elf like all others. Now a wondering soul. Looking in the shadows for his own past, he has been reborn filled with the power of the nether realm and followed by his companion Cerberus.