Zul'Gurub Success!

Share your screenshots. Open to everyone.
Lehla
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Zul'Gurub Success!

Post by Lehla » 14 Sep 2005 08:33 pm

We totally owned the forst boss in ZG tonight. Grats Adan on his shield and Widge on his.. thing.

Way to go guys, we'll have this place on farm status in no time!

Dreadstar
Private
Private

Post by Dreadstar » 15 Sep 2005 05:43 am

THAT was sweet. Not just the fighting, not just the death, not even the winning. What was sweet was (after Tuesday night anyway) the palpable dawning realization that bat-beyotch had an achilles heel:

She can't solo worth a damn.

On to the NEXT unpossible challenge!

Rone, which mod are you using?

I just recently got to the point of actually trying out Cosmos, and what with the fact that half the time it's out-dated and the fact that it eats up too much (for me anyway) band width, I'd like to give another mod a try.

And that question is actually open to anyone for suggestions.

Cosmos has a lot of bells and whistles, but I'm wondering if maybe I might have missed the boat on a better product.
Last edited by Dreadstar on 15 Sep 2005 09:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have a *what* on my back?

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 15 Sep 2005 06:12 am

I recommend figuring out what you want for your UI and adding them ala carte instead. All the big package UI mods slow your computer down to some degree and if the UI isn't updated, you've lost a whole lot of features all at once.

Adan
Private
Private

Post by Adan » 15 Sep 2005 08:40 am

It is a great shield. Worthy of being ninja-ed!

I just wish I didn't feel like shouting "Zulu" when wearing it. Its a bit... tribal to be appropriate for a paladin.

Stupid shamans...
Hi. My name is Adan. And I am a masochist.

Voca
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Voca » 15 Sep 2005 09:04 am

Gratz guys!
I'm not cute, I'm just drawn that way.

"Aimer, ce n'est pas se regarder l'un l'autre, c'est regarder ensemble dans la même direction." – Antoine de Saint Exupery

Lehla
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Lehla » 15 Sep 2005 09:08 am

I used cosmos for a long time, but like Ringo said and you've noticed, it's a unupdated big bug-fest most of the time. I just started using CTMod (and CTRaid) and I like them a lot. You can customize EVERYTHING about your UI. Notice I don't have any of the menu buttons or anything shown, because I never used them so they were just taking up precious screen real estate. That configuration was actually just thrown together as I was riding to the raid too, what I have set up for my hunter is a lot more polished.

I also use a few more mods like Scrolling Combat Text, WeaponQuickSwap, DamageMeters, DPSPlus, and a few for diffrent classes. My Shaman has one that casts lightning shield every time I press my forward key, if it's not already up and one that keeps track of how many ankhs he has and the cooldown of reincarnate. For Kaiylen (rogue) I use blindflashcount, which displays the number of reagents for blind and Vanish I have in my inventoryon the spell buttons, and Stunwatch, which shaows a decreasing bar showing how long a stunned target will stay stunned.

There's mods for all sorts of things, some are really helpful, some are just fluff, and some are total garbage. But, I highly reccomend CTMod. It was updated BEFORE the patch came out to work with the new patch, and is updated all the time.
<a href="http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... la">Kaiyla, Level 70 Shadow Priest of Afterlight</a>
<a href="http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... hla">Lehla, Level 70 Warrior of Afterlight</a>

Dreadstar
Private
Private

Post by Dreadstar » 15 Sep 2005 09:18 am

Rone wrote:But, I highly reccomend CTMod. It was updated BEFORE the patch came out to work with the new patch, and is updated all the time.
THAT, in and of itself, is a MAJOR selling point. Thanks.

Plus Ringo is correct, I think I'll be de-installing Cosmos tonight , and looking at what bells I really want.

Thanks guys.
I have a *what* on my back?

Beli Flinthammer
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Beli Flinthammer » 15 Sep 2005 09:54 am

My Shaman has one that casts lightning shield every time I press my forward key, if it's not already up and one that keeps track of how many ankhs he has and the cooldown of reincarnate.
Oooh! I'm looking for a mod that will autocast my Inner Fire for me and this might be what I need. It's a three minute self buff and I ALWAYS forget to recast it in pvp.
Goblin + Engineering = KNOW HOW, BABY!

Kanwer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Kanwer » 15 Sep 2005 10:03 am

I swear by Ct Mod. They're quick to update it and it is totally customizable. I also use a few addons to enhance my playing pleasure. IMHO, Shard Tracker is a must for Warlocks, and anyone grouped with a Warlock. I also use Atlas for instance mappage.

Graffe
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Graffe » 15 Sep 2005 10:59 am

Beli Flinthammer wrote:
My Shaman has one that casts lightning shield every time I press my forward key, if it's not already up and one that keeps track of how many ankhs he has and the cooldown of reincarnate.
Oooh! I'm looking for a mod that will autocast my Inner Fire for me and this might be what I need. It's a three minute self buff and I ALWAYS forget to recast it in pvp.
http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=1400

I use it Beli. It works great. One of the few mods with a GUI that allows you to pick and choose what spells, in or out of combat, how much mana before it auto buffs.. etc.

Beli Flinthammer
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Beli Flinthammer » 15 Sep 2005 03:16 pm

PERFECT!! Now it'll refresh my fear ward for me if it gets used up! My dream!
Goblin + Engineering = KNOW HOW, BABY!