Paladin Epic Mount

Share your screenshots. Open to everyone.
goomba_boy
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by goomba_boy » 11 Nov 2005 07:50 am

Not that I am trying to disagree with Beli, but the stuff I have been reading up on indicates that having 2 or more paladins makes a big difference in that third wave - the judgements serve as 5 second pauses, and they can be chained across multiple paladins.

Kyroson
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Kyroson » 11 Nov 2005 07:59 am

It can be done with one, Guumbah. We made it to wave 4 last time with 1 paladin and with one very good pull.

Its hard because if we get a good pull, we can all relax and fight them in 1's or 2's. But if we get a good pull and fire up all our backup crowd control, we could aggro the rest of the ghosts that were not aggroed by the good pull.

Following Beli's advice, I'm gonna try my best to convince my wife to let me play sunday. Perhaps around 5pm ingame? I'll post if I succeeded.

Graffe
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Graffe » 11 Nov 2005 08:49 am

I have to agree that the more paladins, the better. Cycling Judgements would make it cake if you could coordinate them with timing somehow. Possibly practicing beforehand. I am more than happy to continue to help you get this horsey but if at anytime more paladins step up to the plate wanting to help, I will bow out. The drawback about the hunter for the final fight is that I (and I'm sure Ringo) was having problems getting backed up far enough to use ranged but at the same time staying well enough away to not aggro the other ghosts.

On the other hand.. we can 5-man that place in record time now. :lol:

Kyroson
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Kyroson » 11 Nov 2005 08:59 am

Judgments could be timed, starting in alphabetical order and paladins would have to count from 1 to 5 and then judge, then back to the begining.

Or we could use Teamspeak.

And yea on that record time. I think we have a good team to five man the place. I for one would love to do all my scholo related quests after we liberate that horse.
Last edited by Kyroson on 11 Nov 2005 09:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clouseau
Commander
Commander

Post by Clouseau » 11 Nov 2005 09:01 am

Ghosts/undead can't be sapped Kyro, but I wish they could. Sorry again about last night, just wanted a short nap and it ended up being an hour and a half. You had a great crew in there though, sounds like only bad luck kept you from that damn pony. Soon my friend, soon.
This world may be another planet's hell.{Aldous Huxley}
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.{Aldous Huxley}

Kyroson
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Kyroson » 11 Nov 2005 09:30 am

Looks like we'll have enough tries to go around, Clou. If the Sap won't work on those saps, well, then we'll have to rely on your enviable DPS. 2 pets tanking, 1 shackle and 1 undead turned should drop the pull to a more manageable fight.

Even after I get my horse, I'd be more than glad to assist other paladins from SO and BiA that want to. So far we're 0 and 3, but I'm really having fun.

Kyroson
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Kyroson » 11 Nov 2005 12:59 pm

My wife gave her OK. I am cleared to play sunday the 13th from 5:00 pm ingame time till the wee hours of the morning.

So, any attempts on the Dreadknight can be scheduled for that day.

Whohoo!

Kyroson
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Kyroson » 11 Nov 2005 01:01 pm

Also, any paladins want to give it a go? I know we got a few level 60's around...

Adan
Private
Private

Post by Adan » 11 Nov 2005 03:24 pm

I have Sunday slated as my housework from hell day. I will see if I can log on and help, but I plan to be awfully busy then. Sorry.
Hi. My name is Adan. And I am a masochist.

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 13 Nov 2005 07:23 pm

Grats, Kyro!

Treating the fourth wave like they owed us money was the secret.

Kyroson
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Kyroson » 13 Nov 2005 08:12 pm

Thanks, Ringo.

Sweet Jesus, that was fun. Beli, Clouseau, Ringo, Widge and I just carved a bloody path on undead soil.

Getting to the room got us a few wipes, but nothing stalled our resolve. The Risen Constructs bloodied us a bit more, but we just plowed over them.

First wave...chumps. Warming up excercise.
Second wave, a bit more serious. But dealt with nonetheless.
Third wave...ah, this was the deal breaker. Pulled 3, got 4, then 7. Killed 3 and DI'd Beli. We lost aggro and rezzed.

After you wipe, I think you can get the rest of the wave not to bunch up and aggro. We knocked them over like bowling pins. Got the Aspect in record time.

Fourth wave we did not make the same mistake last time. We charged at them and killed 3 ghosts immediately. When the fourth one appeared, we ganged up on him like paparazzis on celebrity weddings. We actually had downtime between ghosts because of our celerity dispatching the first three.

Then, the aspect appeared and we nailed him to the wall. Split second later, the dreadknight appeared.

I ran to engage him, shattering my mightstone and chugging a Shadow Protection potion -on top of Belis shadow ward- and let him have it with everything I had. Beli kept us alive while Clouseau buried his blades deeply in the knight's etereal flesh, Widge threw blast after blast after blast and Ringo's rifle spewed fire with brilliant marksmanship.

Finally, Widge's Fireball erradicated him from our lives. He fell and I was able to free a tortured mount.

My deepest thanks go to Beli, Clouseau, Widge, Ringo, Adan, Guumbah and Xaus, whom took part in this quest in all of their incarnations.

I ride an epic horse thanks to Sawed Off.

Honor before Glory, brothers and sisters. Tonight I could not be prouder of being in this Guild.

/bow.
Last edited by Kyroson on 13 Nov 2005 08:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clouseau
Commander
Commander

Post by Clouseau » 13 Nov 2005 08:13 pm

Congrats on the speedy pony Kyro, well deserved.
This world may be another planet's hell.{Aldous Huxley}
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.{Aldous Huxley}

Widge
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Widge » 14 Nov 2005 06:48 am

Congrats again, Kyro. Glad you were finally able to get your sweet prize, and I'm happy to have been able to help you in your quest!

Graffe
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Graffe » 14 Nov 2005 08:03 am

Congrats Kyro! I wish I could have been there for the final fight. Thanks for stepping up to the plate Widge. I took the wife out for the day and the show ran a bit longer than we expected. Ah.. San Francisco.. the streets, the people, the smell of bum's piss in the morning sun. :?

Vagary
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Vagary » 14 Nov 2005 03:24 pm

Grats on the successful run!
Vagary (sleeping)