Horde Leaders Live Lives of Poverty (Reposted from Graffe's)

Share your screenshots. Open to everyone.
Gyrik
Corporal
Corporal
Horde Leaders Live Lives of Poverty (Reposted from Graffe's)

Post by Gyrik » 09 Feb 2006 03:05 pm

One would think, with the masses and masses of adventurers at their beck and call, that the Horde leaders would have a bit more coin on them to reward their citizens for their hard work. Of course, the liberation of such funds would be an important goal of Alliance strategists. And so, SI:7 dropped an envelope on my stoop.

Unfortunately, the strategists were to be sorely disappointed.

Donning my Shadowcraft hood and Gnomish boots of stealthiness, I made my way north to the ruined catacombs of Lordaeron, and an appointment with the cursed shade of Sylvanas Windrunner.

Well, I suppose a ghostly spectre does not have much use for coin or jewelry. Happy to get the rank stink of the slimey sewers out of my gnomish gnostrils, I found a quiet corner and opened up a small wormhole to Gadget.

A long, looooooong ride north from the sands of Tanaris brought me to the rolling savanna of the Barrens, and from there it was child's play to slip past the guards into the plains of Mulgore. A quick jaunt to the base of Thunderbluff and the payoff of a SI:7 contact later, I found myself again pondered the sad profit of my mission thus far.

Not even a few pretty beads! Well, surely the true reward would lie beyond the greatest obstacle of all. A day's ride brought me below the smoking walls of the orc city, Orgrimmar. A brief confrontation in a hallway to Thrall's inner sanctum ended in flash dazed guards, and before the word could spread of a spy in their midst, I had made the most of the confusion and penetrated to the inner sanctum.

Damned trolls. But I was not to be thwarted, and using all of my roguish skills, I was able to gnab the grand prize.

On returning home, I sent a letter to the high ups suggesting a new strategy; obviously, economic sanctions would be a sure way to quickly cripple all Horde activity in Azeroth.

Lehla
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Lehla » 09 Feb 2006 04:38 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun!

On Kai, I sometimes give myself missions similar to this. Assasinating the high Apocthery(sp?) in undercity for developing WMD, etc.

The funnest thing I've been a part of though, was sapathon '04. Before diminishing returns and the anti-rogue gurads, 25-30 rogues got together and kept a large portion on Ogrimar on lockdown. Afew took deaths to get flags up, or when caught in a hunter's flare and whatnot, but all in all, it was a pretty big success.
<a href="http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... la">Kaiyla, Level 70 Shadow Priest of Afterlight</a>
<a href="http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... hla">Lehla, Level 70 Warrior of Afterlight</a>