and Luci had his revenge....

Share your screenshots. Open to everyone.
Vagary
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Vagary » 08 Mar 2006 11:21 am

Vashanti wrote:I wasn't able to remove the vertical standard group list after a fairly recent upgrade -- does the most recent one allow you to once again turn off your regular group's list?

Gonna download it now and see....
I believe it's in the Advanced tab within the stock Interface options.
Vagary (sleeping)

Vashanti
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Vashanti » 08 Mar 2006 11:29 am

that's a great sig, btw, Vagary!

:D

Maige
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Maige » 08 Mar 2006 01:07 pm

As a lock, I almost always keep the raid groups turned off once we get started cuz there's no real reason for me to have to ever find another player in the raid. If someone asks for a healthstone, I turn em back on temporarily to find their name, then look for the char with the circle at their feet, hand em a stone, then turn groups back off. I seriously wish there was a slash command for turning them on and off tho, that'd be much easier than having to press O, mouse up to check the checkbox, and shutting down the guild box again.

As for the Imps aggroing, I think that that musta been me. I was the only non-60 player there that night, and I did go up to the downed doggies to work up weapon skills, and they were somewhat near the doorway. I musta grabbed some lvl aggro being near the door.

- Maige

Vagary
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Vagary » 08 Mar 2006 01:33 pm

Maige wrote:As a lock, I almost always keep the raid groups turned off once we get started cuz there's no real reason for me to have to ever find another player in the raid. If someone asks for a healthstone, I turn em back on temporarily to find their name, then look for the char with the circle at their feet, hand em a stone, then turn groups back off. I seriously wish there was a slash command for turning them on and off tho, that'd be much easier than having to press O, mouse up to check the checkbox, and shutting down the guild box again.

As for the Imps aggroing, I think that that musta been me. I was the only non-60 player there that night, and I did go up to the downed doggies to work up weapon skills, and they were somewhat near the doorway. I musta grabbed some lvl aggro being near the door.

- Maige
I believe you can /target NAME to find someone as well? Would save a bit of clicking...

Thanks Vash! :)
Vagary (sleeping)

Beli Flinthammer
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Beli Flinthammer » 08 Mar 2006 01:33 pm

I just type in /target <player> to automatically target them rather than play "where's waldo?" Name doesn't have to be completely typed in if it's unique. With Clouseau, I can just type in /target clou, but for people like Danin and Danira, it's all or nothing.

:P
Goblin + Engineering = KNOW HOW, BABY!

Vamen
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Post by Vamen » 08 Mar 2006 01:42 pm

I always use this command when I'm in IF to find you guys if I'm not in a group =p. Very handy if I'm trying to do a trade and the same in raids to hand out healthstones.

Btw, I noticed you all say /target name.
You can also just type /tar. Maybe even /ta for all I know, but I always use /tar name. Just a little time saver advice.

Beli Flinthammer wrote:I just type in /target <player> to automatically target them rather than play "where's waldo?" Name doesn't have to be completely typed in if it's unique. With Clouseau, I can just type in /target clou, but for people like Danin and Danira, it's all or nothing.

Beli Flinthammer
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Beli Flinthammer » 08 Mar 2006 01:59 pm

I do that sometimes, but my brain just goes with /target most of the time since that is the word I'm thinking about when I want to find someone.

When I want to find someone, I target them and use mind vision! No more "I'm at the bank, where are you?" "I'm there, too, don't see you" conversations.
Goblin + Engineering = KNOW HOW, BABY!

Widge
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Widge » 08 Mar 2006 05:21 pm

Vamen wrote:Btw, I noticed you all say /target name.
You can also just type /tar. Maybe even /ta for all I know, but I always use /tar name. Just a little time saver advice.
I do this all the time when handing out drink at raids. If the person is within trade distance, you can just /tar whoever and then drop the goods right on their portrait. If they're not within trade distance, a quick /follow will usually do the trick with minimal effort on your part, unless they're really out of range.

By the way, I find it best to follow /tar Vamen up with /feather Vamen.

Voca
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Voca » 08 Mar 2006 05:54 pm

Widge goes to raids? I see no evidence of that! :lol:

(Hope work lets up for you soon.)
I'm not cute, I'm just drawn that way.

"Aimer, ce n'est pas se regarder l'un l'autre, c'est regarder ensemble dans la même direction." – Antoine de Saint Exupery

Vamen
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Post by Vamen » 08 Mar 2006 05:55 pm

*pulls Widge off the stage with a large, hooked cane*
Widge wrote:By the way, I find it best to follow /tar Vamen up with /feather Vamen.