and Luci had his revenge....

Share your screenshots. Open to everyone.
Briia
Private
Private
and Luci had his revenge....

Post by Briia » 07 Mar 2006 04:09 pm

I especially like Danin's comment of "Die folks" ... I think we had that covered no problem!

As a side note.. any tips from healers on setting up your screen? Mine is a bit overwhelming. :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~~
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Beli Flinthammer
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Beli Flinthammer » 07 Mar 2006 04:15 pm

Mags knew he was going down which is why he sent us those bugged dogs. :P

And as for me, I have it so that my group portraits disappear when it gets converted to a raid. That way I don't have to see my own group twice -- you can do this in options under interface.
Goblin + Engineering = KNOW HOW, BABY!

Vashanti
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Vashanti » 07 Mar 2006 04:53 pm

Oh, the tragedy of that second shot ... "Tank Berny has died!"

:oops: :cry:
←««ªº»»→

Lhats
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Lhats » 07 Mar 2006 05:27 pm

"Lhats dies" is in both.

Unfortunately...

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 07 Mar 2006 05:32 pm

A lot of those buttons around your minimap, like CT_Raid, can be gotten rid of in options, too. For CT_Raid, you'd just pull up your social window and click on the CT_Raid mod instead.

Cukie CookieFreak
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Cukie CookieFreak » 07 Mar 2006 08:13 pm

Someone will have to explain me how to get those dang windows up in CTraid cuz i can't get anything of that crap to work. Sometimes the maintanks windows pop up but i have no fucking clue how or why that happens.

Vagary
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Vagary » 07 Mar 2006 08:36 pm

Here's my setup:

Vagary (sleeping)

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 07 Mar 2006 08:44 pm

Cukie CookieFreak wrote:Sometimes the maintanks windows pop up but i have no fucking clue how or why that happens.
The raid leader assigns the tanks. That's what makes those windows appear.

Briia
Private
Private

Post by Briia » 07 Mar 2006 08:56 pm

Thanks for the tips! Vagery what UI are you using? (or which ones?)
~~~~~~~~~~~

Vagary
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Vagary » 07 Mar 2006 09:14 pm

Briia wrote:Thanks for the tips! Vagery what UI are you using? (or which ones?)
The majority of the elements in my UI come from the Insomniax Recompilation, although there's quite a bit in there I don't use(still, it's one of the best compilations I've found).

http://www.insomniax.net/forum/
http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=297

Just remember, the more addons you use, the more you'll need to hunt down and bring up to date after patch time. The insomniax guys are usually pretty good at keeping up to date, but sometimes there will be a bit of lag between blizzard patches and addon updates.

Like Beli, I set the Interface option that removes the regular party icons during raids, and my CT Raid options are set to show groups horizontally. I like to position the groups from bottom to top depending on what I feel the healing demands will be for that particular raid.
Vagary (sleeping)

Vashanti
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Vashanti » 07 Mar 2006 10:53 pm

Looks like Vagary is running at a higher screen resolution also, which would make the windows, etc., appear smaller.

;)

Vagary
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Vagary » 07 Mar 2006 11:21 pm

Vashanti wrote:Looks like Vagary is running at a higher screen resolution also, which would make the windows, etc., appear smaller.

;)
Yeah, that and I believe I've got the UI elements scaled down slightly as well.
Vagary (sleeping)

Briia
Private
Private

Post by Briia » 08 Mar 2006 06:06 am

I never even thought of showing group horinzontally. I can't make my text too small or I would miss stuff. I've been hesitant to move away from the base UI deisign just for that keeping up thing. I already use several that I really like and have to keep up with. (oh the horror when I had to find them all again for my new computer).

I think turning of the group would help alot because I've caught myself watching the raid so close I miss my own group. Gonna try some of these ideas. Thanks guys!
~~~~~~~~~~~

Matthias
Private
Private

Post by Matthias » 08 Mar 2006 07:50 am

Hehe. ^^

When I first started out in Molten Core, we had those "Oh noes1!!, someone has aggroed the imps!" incidents quite a few times during Lucifron.

Are you guys working on Magmadar now?

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 08 Mar 2006 07:57 am

We're working on the dogs not suddenly respawning and training us to death with other random crap.

Tleki
Corporal
Corporal

Re: and Luci had his revenge....

Post by Tleki » 08 Mar 2006 08:21 am

Briia wrote:As a side note.. any tips from healers on setting up your screen? Mine is a bit overwhelming. :lol:
Definitely take Beli's and Vagary's advice and set up your UI to turn off the standard group icons when you convert to a raid. That will save you a lot of space.

The next biggest piece of advice I can give you is to shrink those boxes for all of the players in the raid. In the CT_RaidAssist Options, there's a sliding bar that can scale all of those boxes up or down for you. I've got mine shrunk to about 85%. That will make your player icons a little more compact.
Cukie CookieFreak wrote:Someone will have to explain me how to get those dang windows up in CTraid cuz i can't get anything of that crap to work.
In your social window, CTraid should have added a "CTraid" tab next to the standard "Raid" tab. Click that tab, and then click the check-box for every group that you want to show up on your screen. There's a "Check All" check-box at the very top.
Andostre -- 70 Human Priest on Crushridge
Spaten -- 70 Dwarf Warrior on Crushridge
Tleki -- 30s Gnome Warrior on Silver Hand
Lamon -- 40s Orc Warlock on Silver Hand
(And a bunch of other considerably less than 70 alts all scattered about)

Matthias
Private
Private

Post by Matthias » 08 Mar 2006 08:24 am

I also highly recommend using the Emergency Monitor ability in CTRaid. I always found it to be a god-send as a (lazy) paladin healer. =)

Tleki
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Tleki » 08 Mar 2006 08:25 am

Anyway, we've merged with a raiding guild that does Onyxia and Molten Core pretty regularly. It's lots of fun, and we're moving along nicely. We've downed, I think, 6 bosses in MC.
Andostre -- 70 Human Priest on Crushridge
Spaten -- 70 Dwarf Warrior on Crushridge
Tleki -- 30s Gnome Warrior on Silver Hand
Lamon -- 40s Orc Warlock on Silver Hand
(And a bunch of other considerably less than 70 alts all scattered about)

goomba_boy
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by goomba_boy » 08 Mar 2006 08:43 am

I've been using CT Raid for a while now and I line up all of my group health bars to the left or the right of the screen. That way I can concentrate on healing a specific group (1-4, 5-8 1,3,5,7, whatever) just by sliding the groups around. I have also minimized the player displays to only show their health bars so that they don't take up a lot of room.

I'll post a SS when I get back to my home machine.

Vashanti
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Vashanti » 08 Mar 2006 10:22 am

I wasn't able to remove the vertical standard group list after a fairly recent upgrade -- does the most recent one allow you to once again turn off your regular group's list?

Gonna download it now and see....