Portraits of an obsession (with the Winterfalls)

Share your screenshots. Open to everyone.
Kyroson
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Portraits of an obsession (with the Winterfalls)

Post by Kyroson » 19 Jul 2006 06:53 am

June 3rd. I had no idea what the hell I wanted to do that night. Scholo/Stratholm runs weren't too appealing. I cut my teeth on UBRS and since the Lightforge Gauntlets were moved out of BRD, I had no interest in returning.

Somewhere I read about the Timbermaws and how they gave a purple healing/fighting trinket, and since Pally DPS is as fast as Speedy the Turtle, I love damage suplementing trinkets.

So here begins our tale... I was barely out of unfriendly with the Timbermaws -and I pursued it because I hated to Divine Shield everytime I ran past that tunnel. Sure, I stopped doing it after I discovered the flightpath, but I disliked the gratuitous violence.

Takes a while to defeat the Winterfalls, especially to a not lvl 14 pvp geared, pre MC decked, barely 3 Soulforge pieces, no damn LF helm Paladin. So, trinkets, cooldowns, damage auras and sword-and-board tactics have to be used when I want to take on 3 enemies at the same time. And you have to, 'cause those Winterspringers are so heavily camped it's a miracle they have not gone extinct. You can see how the rep has gone into the "neutral" territory.

Friendly. Getting a few quests, a couple of beads and glorious 5/6 XP points per kill. Here's me saying "hi" to Snowpaw, local curmudgeon.

Duoed with a rogue one night. With his damage output I was able to do the work of 2 hours in 1. It was amazing.

You work every trinket into a rotation and have some fun every once in a while with the stuff that comes out of the Six Demon Bag.

More to come tomorrow.
Last edited by Kyroson on 21 Jul 2006 03:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vashanti
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Vashanti » 19 Jul 2006 09:01 am

Very cool!
←««ªº»»→

Kyroson
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Kyroson » 20 Jul 2006 02:26 pm

Ah, here we meet Furong, our not-so-esteemed UNE mob (Unguilded Night Elf). Chinese farmer without a doubt, with a way for words. He'd gank you for the fillings in your teeth and the change in your pocket. Hell, he'd gank a cloud just to loot the silver lining. This was after he tried to steal a thorium node off me when an Arcane Crystal had dropped.

Too many hours grinding, too many spices on the Murloc Fin Soup= Ghost Rider Pally.

Few days later, we get seriously turbocharged. Lanorith and Drenea help out and boyoboy!, faction piled up.

Whenever I see damage output like this, my paladin side weeps. Holy Warrior...yeah, right. Light Warrior. Very Light Warrior.
(oh, and Eranikus' sweet whispers. After being in the bank for ages, he gets some time to shine.

Kyroson
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Kyroson » 20 Jul 2006 02:42 pm

We're inching towards our goal. A few more rep and we get to the part where only the bead turn ins give you reputation. Drop rates go from 3 consecutives to 1 every 8. I every 24 if grouped.

Joy.

And Winterspring is a heavily camped area. Got lots of Rich Thorium Veins, Solid Chests and nicely respawning mobs who drop greens and blues occasionally. Who wouldn't love them?

Me, when there's 20 night elf hunters/ rogues killing everyone in sight before you can even put up an aura.

So I went to Felwood next door and hit the deadwood guys for their feathers. Helluva change of pace. Sure, you can train more and they are 2-4 levels below you. But they have a 50% healing debuff that is stackable -and Pally DPS being slow and low, they can get you into some serious trouble.

But the boss gives 16-17 faction. Bring it on!

And then there was Billyzoom, the hunter. This guy started collecting beads when I started. Hell, we grouped for a spell and when he opened a trade window and told me to give him the beads, I figured he was a farmer. When I told him they were soulbound, he booted me off the team and continued his grind.

Well, water under the bridge and everything, I accepted his offer to kill the final demon on the Timbermaw chain of grindage. Nature damage, helluva lot of hits, another healer not grouped= 4 wipes. It was a good learning experience. I know now what to get and my Demonslayer calls for his blood.
I'm gonna need a leatherworker to make me slippers outta his hide.

Hours upon hours of grinding, you get a strange sense of humor. Meet my sincronized snow-swimming team. Gordo, Chunchow, Larry and Pit.

After a while of seeing the rep bar kinda low (and running out of bank space), I decided to turn in the whole shebang.

Took me about 20 minutes (check the Righteous Fury buff).

Which takes me to today. 18,540/21,000 with 147 beads.

Nine hundred reputation to go. This sucker might be wrapped up tomorrow.

Kyroson
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Kyroson » 20 Jul 2006 08:43 pm

And it was done today!

I could not believe it. But it appears that as beads piled up and the High Chief wasn't as heavily camped today, I managed to kill him every 10 minutes on the dot. That's 150 rep per hour.

Final turn in. 185 beads for a grand total of 21,000 and I carried over 42 to the other level. But I'm done there. I'm not moving that rep gauge another milimeter.

I'm still one quest away from the end, but it's a kill quest. I got the demonslayer sword with the demonslaying enchant and an elixir of demonslaying ready and waiting. Oh, and some nature protection potion so I can negate his damage aura.

Feels good to get down of this merry-go-round and settle down a bit.
Come august, 5 manning Scholo begins in earnest.

Tleki
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Tleki » 20 Jul 2006 08:54 pm

Nice! The road to Revered for a Tailoring pattern was long, but every now and then I get this nagging voice telling me that I need to finish it up.

Congrats!
Andostre -- 70 Human Priest on Crushridge
Spaten -- 70 Dwarf Warrior on Crushridge
Tleki -- 30s Gnome Warrior on Silver Hand
Lamon -- 40s Orc Warlock on Silver Hand
(And a bunch of other considerably less than 70 alts all scattered about)

danin
Private
Private

Post by danin » 20 Jul 2006 09:19 pm

Grats Kyro!
When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute -- and it's longer than any
hour. That's relativity. -- Albert Einstein

Widge
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Widge » 21 Jul 2006 04:04 am

Final turn in. 185 beads for a grand total of 21,000 and I carried over 42 to the other level. But I'm done there. I'm not moving that rep gauge another milimeter.
Actually, you'll probably get some rep from doing the quest that he just gave you ;)

Seriously though, grats man.

Matthias
Private
Private

Post by Matthias » 21 Jul 2006 04:23 am

As a fellow paladin who got to Exalted not that long ago, a big congrats! =)

Don't get your hopes up on the trinket, though. =p It bugs a lot, unfortunately. He also only lasts for 20 seconds, and he only has 500 hitpoints. =/

Clouseau
Commander
Commander

Post by Clouseau » 21 Jul 2006 05:36 am

Nice job Kyro. Congrats!
This world may be another planet's hell.{Aldous Huxley}
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.{Aldous Huxley}

Vashanti
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Vashanti » 03 Aug 2006 11:46 am

Did you get your ring? ERrr Trinket? Purple thingy?

If not, I can help!
←««ªº»»→