A Little Bit Astray

Share your screenshots. Open to everyone.
Vamen
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant
A Little Bit Astray

Post by Vamen » 21 Dec 2004 06:25 am

I've spent a good amount of time trying to get to that bloomin' airport in Khaz Modan, with no luck at all. I've been told that north of the quarry is the way to go, yet I've still been denied. So I decided to try to get around there from the Wetlands side. I followed the mountains ALLLLLLL the way around looking for ways up, always getting close, but never quite making it. After a while I wandered out of the known world and followed the mountains west until I no longer could, then I followed them south. You can see how very far astray I ended up from this photo:

Widge
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Widge » 21 Dec 2004 07:22 am

You know, I figured the reason that people like you were so much higher level than me was because I do a lot of goofing off like swimming around continents and exploring mountains. Apparently you do the same thing though, so maybe I just suck!

At any rate, you may be level 44 but I can get to the airport and you can't!

:P

Heh, when the servers come back up I'll see if I can get a better landmark for you than "over by the quarry" and you can share in the joy of chilling out at the airport.

Vamen
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Post by Vamen » 21 Dec 2004 07:59 am

You're just gonna have to SHOW me. =p

Haha and you know what I just thought of? Maybe for some reason being on my horse is causing me to not be able to get up there =p

Alak
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Alak » 21 Dec 2004 08:02 am

I've noticed that I can't climb up even moderate inclines while I'm on my mount, or in travel/cat/bear form. Definately try it on foot. Also, sometimes you have to jump from one slanted terrain to another slant, to keep moving up.

-Alak

Beli Flinthammer
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Beli Flinthammer » 21 Dec 2004 10:30 am

Back in beta, this was the route I took:

Starting at the quarry, I hugged the moutain wall, looking for an opening. It takes some wiggle work, but you do eventually find the opening right around where I marked on my map and you zig-zag back and forth over a few mounds of snow until you break free and start heading towards the lake and then to the airport itself.

Hope that helps!
Goblin + Engineering = KNOW HOW, BABY!

Widge
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Widge » 21 Dec 2004 12:37 pm

The route that Beli just posted was the one that I've been taking for awhile. While I was trying to make a good video of the route though, I found an easier one. Here's the video:

Trip to the Airport (2 MB)

My starting position (since the map at the beginning really isn't readable anymore) is the place where the road to the quarry meets the main road. Hopefully the video's clear enough for you to make out exactly what's going on. Basically I ran up the little hill that was directly in front of me (I came at it from the right but you can probably get it head on as well) and then went up as far as I could. Once I couldn't climb anymore I just hugged the wall and moved to the right until I made it to that little less steep spot between the hills. It took me a few tries but I got it.

Incidentally, as of today there are actually NPC's up there. I assume they're just to make the place look like it's not deserted as you fly over, as they consist of Ironforge Guards (Yeah, I came all the way up here just so you could give me directions to the cooking trainer) and Gnome Machanics (lifted straight from Shimmering Flats, they even give the same dialog when you right-click on them).

Vashanti
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Post by Vashanti » 21 Dec 2004 06:03 pm

A little ashtray? ? ?

:o
←««ªº»»→