Arugal Assasinated

Share your screenshots. Open to everyone.
Gyrik
Corporal
Corporal
Arugal Assasinated

Post by Gyrik » 08 Apr 2005 02:11 pm

I recently went though Shadowfang Keep for the first time with some friends, on a warlock alt. We managed to get all the way to the Archmage himself, and promptly had our butts handed back to us on a silver platter (by our own paladin, no less). This, of course, meant war.

Late last night, after cobbling together a shiny new pair of Gnomish Goggles and a Deepdive Helmet, Gyrik received a contract for the Archmage's head. Always happy to put annoying magic users in their place, he set off.

After testing himself against a few of teh entrance mobs, and clearing the courtyard to provide a means of escape should it be necessary, our hero stealthed up into the tower of the Keep, taking out the guards on the walls. Fenrus was dispatched without much difficulty, and the Voidwalkers were kind enough not to notice the gnome until he had fully healed, at which point they noticed him rather quickly. And briefly. The hairiest part of the run was taking down the Houndmaster; luckily Evasion was up, and Gouge was made use of as much as possible. Victory was claimed with just 10 hp to go.

Three more single pulls, a wait for cooldown timers, and there was just the archmage left. The bastige is immune to stuns, which meant no gouge, no cheapshot, and no backstabbing (sadness), but with evasion running and the mechanical dragon wailing away at his back, he eventually was persuaded to give in.

Most amusing was the fact that the dragon got the killing blow in after the mage attempted to teleport his way to freedom. Next up, Black Fathom Deeps!

Lehla
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Lehla » 08 Apr 2005 02:46 pm

Grats Gy!
Stealthing an and assasinating instance bosses is one of my favorite parts of being a rogue. It almost makes me wish I were an enchanter... in fact, it made me wish I was an enchanter so bad I dropped Artisian tailoring to do it (and haven't regretted it for a fraction of a second. I've made well over 100g (de)enchanting, while I never made a thin copper penny from tailoring)!

My next target is Thermaplugg. Not only would a monkey/agility ring from him be an upgrade, but I'm curious to see when I'll be able to do it. I could knock him out at 47 on my hunter, but I tried when my rogue was 45 and got spanked pretty good. Now that I've dinged 49, It's time to go take another try.
<a href="http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... la">Kaiyla, Level 70 Shadow Priest of Afterlight</a>
<a href="http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... hla">Lehla, Level 70 Warrior of Afterlight</a>

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 08 Apr 2005 03:31 pm

Good luck on that ring. I've killed him a bunch of times, and I mostly get his shield. If you stumble on the engineer-only overalls, give me a holler. ;)

Gyrik
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Gyrik » 08 Apr 2005 05:06 pm

I'll roll against Ringo for 'em :twisted: