"Legend of the Seeker"

General discussion board. Open to everyone.
Orsco
Private
Private
"Legend of the Seeker"

Post by Orsco » 04 Jul 2009 05:09 pm

Yes, i just realized this series is already a season in. 22 episodes no less. But overall, im disappointed. Goodkind may be pleased, and he deserves some good loot and press for his series, but its a let down for me.

This MOCKERY of an adaptation, loosely based in the Goodkind world is horrible. When you start the series by telling how Richard became the seeker, and (almost) none of it coincides with what the actual writer wrote...youre series in is trouble, as far as im concerned.

Richard doesnt know Zedd? The boundry comes down from catapults? The Sword never tests Richard. These are all important things in the book, hell in the WHOLE SERIES...and theyre ALL changed!

While i grant the show is generally entertaining, the comparison to Hercules and Xena are very clear and i dont like it. I also am not buying the actor playing Richard.

Discuss.

Mildane
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: "Legend of the Seeker"

Post by Mildane » 05 Jul 2009 09:26 pm

I wasn't aware of the novels, thought it was just another Xena type show. Aren't all the cool kids these days are into The Wheel of Time and such. They make a show for that? Way too many big books for me to pick it up.
Quade-(Sawed Off)

Ringo Flinthammer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Ringo Flinthammer » 05 Jul 2009 10:18 pm

No, the cool kids are most assuredly not into Wheel of Time.

Orsco
Private
Private

Post by Orsco » 06 Jul 2009 08:44 am

As it stands, the Sword of Truth series is the best series ive ever read.

The Wheel of Time...eh, i read 5 of them and gave up. the last 3 (i think) are being writen by a different author cause the original writer died. But they are long and wordy and to me not as interesting. Theres a total of around 15 books when its all done.

Piko
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Piko » 07 Jul 2009 01:15 pm

Ugh. Sword of Truth after the first few books was awful. But it sounds like the series somehow has made it even worse. :p

ukator
Knight-Champion
Knight-Champion

Post by ukator » 07 Jul 2009 02:59 pm

I think I stopped after 2 or 3.

Orsco
Private
Private

Post by Orsco » 08 Jul 2009 11:12 pm

I know your feelings Az, and you know i disagree. But yea, the first episode was god aweful for what it was modeled after. If anyone wants to watch it, its on Hulu. i bookmarked it, but i havent brought myself to watch any more than the first one.