splintered mind

Warcraft-related fiction and other creative works. Open to everyone.
Danifae
Civilian
Civilian
splintered mind

Post by Danifae » 13 Nov 2009 07:30 am

the leaves were changing, fall had come quickly to the lands

danifae stowed her 'heavy' gear- spiked and plated armor and sawed tooth claymore; into a footlocker under the bunk assigned to her for the journey north. donning simple leather trews and tunic, she pulled a warm furred cape about her shoulders and made her way up to the deck.

"dan.. er. Rook! over here." neerings called to her. the mage was watching the graceful monstrous whales heading south past their ship. he smiled, enjoying the rare moment- pointing out at the behemoths in a childlike trance.

a flash of light from the heavens in the north pulled her gaze as the sea swelled, she reached out and steadied herself on the rail.

"i will be back in a moment neery-" and she took to flight, her form changing from lithe child to a giant dark raven as she lifted away. as she rapidly flew the land grew before her, she could make out a foreboding fortress looming over a small town. lances of burning pitch rained down from the fortress, while giant northmen rode red dragonlings into battle against the townspeople. she made haste back to the ship carrying her companions to valgarde.

"prepare for battle!" she growled to neerings, her form changing once again into a large black bear with a silvery wheel on her left shoulder. his eyes steeled as he turned away from rail, red mist coalescing about him- fire danced on his charred fingertips.

"holiday is over then. will it be you Rook, or your.. sister.. Danifae; joining me this day?" he grinned, ready to make war.

kronosx
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: splintered mind

Post by kronosx » 13 Nov 2009 07:45 am

I like it Danifae! Good stuff. This is Aliarle by the way.
Aliarle,Elarac,Riccus,Arkenon,Karsam,Grub