World of Warcraft links:
- WorldOfWarcraft.com - The official site has (almost) everything you need to play the aptly named WoW.
- Azeroth's Studio - An art board for artists, amateur, aspiring and otherwise, having fun with Warcraft-related fan art. A spinoff of a highly successful EverQuest I site.
- Blizzard.com - The official site for the company behind WoW, as well as its predecessors in the Warcraft series. The demo program for Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos is of particular interest to WoW players, as it highlights Thrall leading the Horde out of Lordaeron and meeting the Darkspear trolls for the first time. (Note that the version of the Echo Isles in the demo and in WoW differ somewhat -- one can assume the Echo Isles are a big chain, and there are two different ends of the chain in the two different games.)
- Flinthammer Hall - Ringo's and Beli's homepage.
- Graffë's: The Azeroth Compendium - Like a Swiss army knife for MMORPG players, the venerable EverQuest I site for the wizard class reinvents itself as a World of Warcraft site. It's also the site of an alpha test write-up that was briefly bizarrely popular. (Now 268,331 reads and counting ...)
- IGN's Talent Calculator - Extremely useful for looking at possible builds for your character, and you can even print out a listing of your choices, along with what they all do. Great for planners and plotters like Ringo.
- Server status page - Check Silver Hand's server status when you can't log on.
- Silver Hand Realm Board - Blizzard's official board for the WoW roleplaying community on the Silver Hand server.
- Sons of the Storm - The site for Blizzard artists Samwise, Chris Metzen (who is also the creative visionary behind Azeroth), the artists known as Twincruiser and Thammer includes lots of evocative art and some great Blizzard-related wallpaper.
- Warcraft RPG - A pen-and-paper roleplaying game setting for Dungeons & Dragons. Even if you have no interest in funny-shaped dice, the books contain a wealth of lore pertaining to the World of Warcraft.
Brothers in Arms:
Sawed Off is aligned with two guilds, both of which spun out of EverQuest I guilds on the Vazaelle server that were our friends, comrades, and in some cases, guildmates. If we weren't Sawed Off, we'd be proud to be members of either of these two guilds:
- Razor's Edge/Demon Knights - Half-Alliance, half-Horde, all singing and dancing. Imagine "The Pirates of Penzance" as a guild. That really doesn't have much to do with these two guilds, but it's still a funny thought.
- Resurgence - Formerly "Resurgence of Kin" on Vazaelle. Headed up by a gnome, but ruled by hormones and alcohol. Praise the lord, and pass the ammunition.
- Other guilds we're tight with, think are swell people, or both:
- Sawed Off logo font (Dwarven Stonecraft) - Make your own sigs, T-shirts, billboard advertisements. The font is shareware and works with Windows and Mac OS X.
- Swear like a dwarf, gnome, or a pirate! - This file is designed to work with the latest version of ChatAlias. Simply overwrite the aliases.lua file in the ChatAlias folder and use the commands %pswear, %dswear, and %gswear to curse with the best of 'em in the game!
- If you want to link to this site for whatever reason, you may copy the button image to the right. Please copy to your own server, however.
- FreeFoto.com - Where our great splash page image came from.
- The Order of the Stick - This Web cartoon may be about Dungeons & Dragons instead of World of Warcraft, but it's still very funny and very familiar in a lot of ways to WoW players.
- The Walkers of Vazaelle - The EverQuest I guild to which many Sawed Off members do or did belong, and the organization from which this guild gets its guiding principles (and a lot of its charter).
World of Warcraft™ and Blizzard Entertainment® are all trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment in the United States and/or other countries. These terms and all related materials, logos, and images are copyright © Blizzard Entertainment. This site is in no way associated with or endorsed by Blizzard Entertainment®.